Catholic Elementary School Principal
St. Joseph School, Garden City, NY
St. Joseph School prepares children for their life’s journey by developing the whole person. From early childhood through the middle and upper grades, the dedicated and experienced teachers and leaders of St. Joseph School integrate academics and activities with religious values throughout the school day. In a faith-based educational community that offers individual attention, students gain the skills to master the intellectual, spiritual and social lessons that will give them an advantage for life. We call our mission “Teaching Minds. Guiding Hearts.”
St. Joseph School, a Catholic coeducational, elementary school located in Garden City, NY, is seeking a dynamic educator and administrator to assume the role of Principal beginning July 1, 2017. The successful candidate will be a strong academic leader with excellent management and communication skills and possess a strong commitment to the mission of Catholic education. As one of the leading Catholic Elementary Schools on Long Island, St. Joseph School is enthusiastically supported by its parish and local community.
- A practicing Roman Catholic with a commitment to the development of a Christian spirit and a community of faith within a school.
- New York State certification as a School District Leader or School Building Leader.
- Basic Religious Studies Certification or equivalent.
- The ability to articulate a philosophy of Catholic education as contained in papal teaching, the documents of Vatican II, and more recent official Church documents.
- A recommended minimum of ten years of teaching experience in a Catholic school, with good professional evaluations. Such experience should be sufficiently broad to provide an understanding of the N-8 structure and the potential to function as educational leader in an elementary school.
- Leadership ability evidenced by performance in past or present educational assignments. Leadership, for a principal, means that the candidate demonstrates communication and public relations skills and has the capacity, enthusiasm, intelligence, and patience to inspire teachers and children. The candidate must also be able to bring this same inspiration to the clergy, parents, and community which the school serves.
- Committed to working collaboratively with school boards in creating school policies.
Letter of Interest and Resume should be submitted by May 24 to:
Mr. Biagio M. Arpino
Assistant Superintendent for Personnel
DRVC, Department of Education
128 Cherry Lane
Hicksville, NY 11801
or Email to: email@example.com
Celebrating Excellence in Catholic Education