Locust Valley Central School District
Locust Valley, Long Island, New York
An outstanding school district located on Long Island’s north shore seeks experienced, accomplished professionals for the following position:
Supervisor Of Transportation
12 Month Full Time Provisional Position
The candidate must meet Civil Service minimum qualification of three years of satisfactory experience supervising, dispatching, preparing time schedules, and laying out of routes for pupil transportation, and be responsible for:
• Planning and scheduling all phases of a transportation program.
• Knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations regarding student transportation in NYS.
• Supervision of all personnel engaged in the operation of all district vehicles.
• Preparation of time schedules, bus routes, and procedures for the operation of buses.
• Preparation of all reports, including maintenance reports, as required by NY State.
• Development and oversight of fiscally responsible budgets.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and community.
• Knowledge of general repairs of automotive equipment.
When the open competitive examination is given, the candidate must take and pass the test and be reachable for appointment.
Start: July 1, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Full Benefits
Deadline: June 18, 2018.
To Apply: Send/Fax Letter of Interest/Resume to: Katy Sege, Personnel, Administration
Building, 22 Horse Hollow Road, Locust Valley, NY 11560 Fax: (516) 277-5098
About this company
Established in 1967, the Board of Cooperative Educational Services of Nassau County (Nassau BOCES) is the largest BOCES in New York State. Serving 56 school districts in Nassau County, our mission has always been to enhance public education and the opportunities available to students of all ages and abilities by providing access to innovative and cost-effective services.
Location/Region: Locust Valley, NY (US - 11560)