BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization, and global distribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients’ needs. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams. With extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management can help our clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon Wealth Management (www.bnymellonwealthmanagement.com) provides investment management, custody, wealth and estate planning and private banking services to clients who today include financially successful individuals and families, their family offices and business enterprises, planned giving programs, and endowments and foundations.
As one of the nation's leading wealth managers, BNY Mellon Wealth Management is dedicated to helping individuals, families, planned giving programs, endowments, foundations and other institutions with all of their wealth and investment planning needs. By providing integrated products, services and solutions, BNY Mellon helps them capitalize on opportunity while managing risk: the company understands its clients’ needs and delivers customized strategies to help them reach their goals.
Reporting to the Director of Retail Shareholder Services, the Client Service Representative will render a variety of customer services to our clients through application of knowledge of our organization, its services and products. The individual in this role will answer inbound calls, review and collect client information to determine requirements for service solutions. He or she will be responsible for resolving customer requests, questions and complaints and will analyze situations on behalf of retail clients to determine the best use of resources. In addition, he or she will inform and educate clients of specific requirements and responsibilities of retirement and non-retirement accounts.
The Client Service Representative will follow Retail referral guidelines in the event the customer would like assistance with their investment portfolio. He or she will provide fund information, including performance, yield and price. They will also provide other information that adds value to our customers. The individual in this role must have the ability to work well under pressure to meet time sensitive deadlines, have excellent communication skills, and possess interpersonal and organizational skills. He or she may be asked to produce ad/hoc-reporting or participate in special projects initiated by management.
- Provide customer service to clients through application of knowledge of our organization, services and products
- Answer inbound calls, review and collect client information to determine requirements for service solutions
- Resolve customer requests, questions, inquiries and complaints
- Provide high quality service and operational support for retail clients including transaction processing, problem-solving, reconciliation and research
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure timely and accurate servicing of client operational needs
- Demonstrate self-confidence and the ability to maintain composure in difficult situations
- BA/BS degree or minimum two-year customer contact experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to obtain NASD Series 6 & Series 63 licenses within 180 days of hire
- Ability to pass a comprehensive classroom training program of 4-6 weeks; including written exams and telephone simulation exams
- BA/BS Degree
- At least 1 year of customer service experience in the financial services industry
- Understanding of banking and brokerage firm operations
- NASD Series 6 & 63 licenses
Location/Region: Uniondale, NY