The Seawane Club
Founded in 1927 The Seawane Club is a 130+ acre property offering the ultimate member experiences. The Seawane Club believes in providing members with the finest services in a relaxed, welcoming environment that members can fully embrace their leisure time and celebrate memories with family and friends. The Seawane Club offers golf course, tennis, swimming, salon services, fitness center, as well as a full-service restaurant and bar.
Our mission is simple, we believe in taking care of our team members, in return you are able to take care of our members and guests. Happy, fulfilled, team members are better able to deliver world class service to our Members and Guests. Qualities essential to service are found in those who have good dispositions, who are willing to work, smile and mean it.
The Seawane Club is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit and develop a diverse pool of talented team members from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all genders, races, religious, ages, sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people with disabilities and any other group that can help continue to build our diverse perspectives on our business.
We are looking for a courteous and professional banquet server to be responsible for greeting, assisting, and serving guests at special functions and events. The banquet server will help assist with event planning, preparation, and clean up, serve guests, and respond to questions, complaints, and requests.
To be a successful banquet server, you should possess excellent customer service and communication skills. You should be professional, polite to guests, and an efficient server.
Banquet Server Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests as they enter a venue and helping them to find their seats.
- Seeing to the comfort of guests through answering questions, taking orders, conveying special instructions to the kitchen and bar, and serving food and beverages.
- Circulating the room with trays of appetizers and beverages.
- Directing guests to necessary services and features, and leading guests on tours of the location.
- Assisting with event preparation, set up, and closing, including setting up and packing away tables, table cloths and place settings, and buffets.
- Supporting other staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Adhering to safety and quality regulations.
Banquet Server Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as a server is preferred.
- May need to meet age limits for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Courteous and attentive to guests.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, staying on your feet, climbing stairs, carrying heavyweights.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- CPR training may be beneficial.
Location/Region: Hewlett, South Shore