SCO Family of Services
SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary.
- Perform certain pastoral duties including but not limited to student support, counseling students with academic problems and providing student encouragement.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations.
- Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Work with the inter-disciplinary team in the provision of all job duties.
- Promote and support the environment of positive behavior support.
- Promote pro-social behaviors and interactions between student and staff.
- Support and participate in behavior management program.
- Attend in-service training sessions, staff meetings and seminars as needed.
- Serve as a role model for students, maintaining values such as integrity, respect for self and all others, dignity, self control and respect.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or higher from an accredited institution
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.ENG
- NYS Certification.
- Single subject teaching credential or certification if teaching specialized subject
- Relevant teaching experiences and knowledge of relevant technology
- Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.
- Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing.
- Attending TCI class for certification/re-certification and passing a test upon completion of course is a minimum requirement for employment.
If you are interested in the position mentioned above, please apply directly online at
Please keep in mind that it is not possible for us to personally contact every candidate, but rest assured that your information will be reviewed and one of our hiring managers will contact you if you’re being considered for the position.
To learn more about SCO Family of Services, visit us online at www.sco.org
SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Location/Region: Long Island, New York