The Local Retail Junior Account Executive is responsible to help build sales by prospecting for new clients and generate income by nurturing existing customer relationships. They will also maintain specific account services such as updating salesforce, processing ad copy, creating proposals and acting as a liaison between their sales team and a group of clients. They will be responsible for lead generation for new and upsell revenue from existing accounts. The role works closely with both the local advertising management and sales teams.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Prospect, qualify, and develop target Accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready opportunities for the outside sales reps.
- Consistently generate a high volume of prospect engagement activity, via use of the telephone and email.
- Research contact information for target prospects using Google, LinkedIn, Data.com, Salesforce, AdMall and other related software services.
- Utilize in-house marketing and client services team to help develop effective sales proposals, competitive strategies and maintaining department sales collateral.
- Schedule appointments on outside sales rep’s calendar after qualifying prospects and logging activities and competitive ads in salesforce.
- Maintain client services including account updates, ad copy processing, client follow up and Saleforce updates.
- Identify targets for special sections, and events from new, dormant and existing clients.
- Perform inbound lead qualification and follow-up activity based on marketing campaigns.
- Work as liaison with digital planners, on updates, new procedures and follow up on reporting and execution.
- Research and qualify local accounts for Connect Opportunities including Social Media.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Business or related required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in business/advertising / media sales.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Self-starter. Takes accountability for own success.
- Adaptable in a changing environment with the ability to multi-task simultaneous projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Long Island market.
- Enthusiasm & high energy.
- Detail oriented with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work a flexible and varied schedule as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to travel to/from accounts as needed.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Ability to facilitate presentations and sales pitches to secure business.
- Use creative sales techniques to drive business and revenue, in order to meet target goals.
- This position requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to an entire shift.
- Must be able to travel 80% of the time. Requires a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients, must be able to accurately exchange information, and facilitate presentations and sales pitches to clients and vendors.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.