The Local Retail Junior Account Executive is responsible to help build sales by prospecting for new clients and generate income by nurturing existing customer relationships. They will also maintain specific account services such as updating salesforce, processing ad copy, creating proposals and acting as a liaison between their sales team and a group of clients. They will be responsible for lead generation for new and upsell revenue from existing accounts. The role works closely with both the local advertising management and sales teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospect, qualify, and develop target Accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready opportunities for the outside sales reps.
- Consistently generate a high volume of prospect engagement activity, via use of the telephone and email.
- Research contact information for target prospects using Google, LinkedIn, Data.com, Salesforce, AdMall and other related software services.
- Utilize in-house marketing and client services team to help develop effective sales proposals, competitive strategies and maintaining department sales collateral.
- Schedule appointments on outside sales rep’s calendar after qualifying prospects and logging activities and competitive ads in salesforce.
- Maintain client services including account updates, ad copy processing, client follow up and Saleforce updates.
- Identify targets for special sections, and events from new, dormant and existing clients.
- Perform inbound lead qualification and follow-up activity based on marketing campaigns.
- Work as liaison with digital planners, on updates, new procedures and follow up on reporting and execution.
- Research and qualify local accounts for Connect Opportunities including Social Media.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in business/advertising / media sales
- Desire to advance in a full-time sales position.
- Team oriented and collaborative
- Self-starter. Takes accountability for own success
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately
- Adaptable in a changing environment with the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of the Long Island market
- Enthusiasm & high energy
- Detail oriented with a sense of urgency
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.