The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for producing timely and accurate control system submittals for mechanical engineering approvals, generating controller software sequences, building workstation and server database with graphics and reporting tools. The Systems Engineer possesses technical competence on integrated systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through very complex problem resolution.
- Develop BMS software databases in accordance with engineering documents and project specifications.
- Design, integrate and support network migration for Internet / Ethernet / BACnet / Lonwork / Modbus platforms.
- Maintain accurate As-Built drawing package and make changes in AutoCad, Visio, Excel and Word as required.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with members of the company team of managers, engineers and technicians, the client and consulting engineers.
- Value engineering recommendations where appropriate.
- Working with consulting engineering community to foster personal and company growth and maintain design discussions throughout the build process.
- Conduct surveys and generate repair recommendations and reports to customers.
- Develop custom energy reporting, power metering, trending and billing programs.
- Conduct self-study to improve knowledge of required job skills and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering, Math or Physics
- Minimum 5 years experience in the HVAC controls industry, DDC controller programming, third party device integration with BACnet and Modbus.
- Mechanical system operation and optimization
- Understanding of the construction process.
- Strong communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Competency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Automated Logic WebCTRL experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
An equal opportunity employer
Location/Region: New York, NY