Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
Corizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
An employee in this class serves as a liaison with health service providers, persons with substance dependency problems as well as their families when applicable. The employee is expected to exercise judgment and initiative in carrying out the clinical program and treatment goals in the area to which assigned after an intensive orientation.
- Provide individual, group or family counseling to maintenance clients within Maryland State and
- Federal regulations.
- Maintain therapeutic contact with methadone client caseload during their stay in the
- treatment program.
- Maintain assigned caseload and provide case management for clients.
- Maintain timely and appropriate client charts. This will include: Intake assessment, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Maintain close communications with Methadone Counselor Supervisor (LCADC),
- Addiction Specialist MD, and other program staff.
- The substance counselors shall be supervised by a Certified Supervisor Counselor Alcohol and Drug (CSC-AD).
- Adhere to all State, Federal and Program regulations and procedures regarding
- methadone treatment.
- Refer clients on an as-needed basis to other community services.
- Develop contracts for problematic clients inclusive of detox and maintenance programs.
- Prepare and present case conferences for caseload maintenance.
- Maintain communication between methadone program and outside agencies when
- Communicate clearly and cooperatively with staff and clients.
- Work within program’s quality assurance guidelines.
- Participate in professional development training throughout the year; participate in safety training
- Commit to the provision of culturally competent services.
- Follow established company policies and those outlined in the program policies and
- employee handbook.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
- Must hold a CAC-AD, LGADC or LCADC license in the state of Maryland
- Certified in the State of Maryland as a CAC-AD (Certified Associate Counselor-Alcohol and Drug), Hold a bachelor’s degree, requires 27 credits from an accrediting school, achieve a passing score on the National Certified Addiction Counselor (NCAC) Level 1 exam.
- Certified in the State of Maryland as a LGADC (Licensed Graduate Alcohol and Drug Counselor), Hold a master’s degree, requires 33 credits from an accrediting school, achieve a passing score on the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) exam, must pass the MAC (Master Addiction Counselor exam).
- Certified in the State of Maryland as a LCADC (Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor)-2 yrs. and 2000 hrs. of Supervision, hold a master’s degree, requires 51 credits from an accrediting school, achieve a passing score on the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) exam, must pass the MAC (Master Addiction Counselor exam).
- CPR certification
- Prior clinical experience working with substance abuse or related fields preferred; have familiarity with relevant research literature, clinical assessments, procedures and methods, particularly those designed for substance abuse; have ability to assess treatment, goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans; have ability to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans; and be familiar with diagnostic nomenclature outlined in the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
- Correctional experience preferred.
Location/Region: Baltimore, MD, US