EBT, Inc. - Farmingdale, NY
A School Bus Attendant is defined as someone who attends to a child with a disabling condition while they are riding on a school bus.
- Assists bus driver for the purpose of handling emergency situations until the driver can take over.
- Performs an inspection of the bus prior to picking up passengers for proper equipment needed for students on assigned route (e.g. car seats, wheelchair tie downs, harnesses, etc.). Ensures all equipment is properly secured.
- All Bus Attendants must be familiar with all Federal, State, County, School District, and Company laws, regulations and policies associated with their position.
- Assists special education students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
- Monitors students with special needs until released to teacher, instructional assistant, parent, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the safe transportation of all passengers.
- Prepares reports (e.g. attendance sheets, incident reports, passenger misconduct, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Reports observations and/or incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel for their action.
- Secures students and/or their equipment (e.g. restraints, wheel chair tie downs, seat belts, car seats, harnesses, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
- Checks bus after every route to ensure all passengers have disembarked at their proper location (Conducts a thorough Post Trip Inspection).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills. Management reserves the right to modify, add or delete duties and other duties as necessary.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Job Type: Part-time
Location/Region: Farmingdale, NY