Configuration Management Career Opportunity
Title: Principal Engineer – LIRR PTC Configuration Management
Job ID: 92665
Location: Hollis, NY
Salary Range: Minimum: $108,524/Midpoint: $135,654.50
This position is responsible to lead, oversee, and coordinate all activities for the Long Island Rail Road relating to Configuration Management for Positive Train Control (PTC) as it relates to the LIRR Signal System and compliance to Federal regulations under, but not limited to, Title 49, Part 236 and Subpart H. This position has the responsibility of being the point of contact for LIRR PTC Configuration Management with Maintenance of Equipment, Transportation, Enterprise Asset Management, Training, Engineering, Corporate Safety, and will also serve as the liaison to AMTRAK and other Northeast Corridor Railroads for the LIRR.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent degree. Demonstrated, directly related, equivalent experience (15 years) and education may be considered in lieu of the degree, subject to approval.
- Must possess strong Configuration Management experience, knowledge and understanding (approximately 10-12 years) including version control, design configuration, and change control of software-based systems, similar in complexity and size to LIRR’s PTC system.
- Must possess proven leadership skills demonstrated through progressive management experience (8 years minimum).
- Must possess the understanding of both vital and non-vital software and the methods used to maintain and release software configurations and changes.
- Must possess the discipline and organizational skills to manage, in real-time, the configurations of hundreds of fixed (transponders) and mobile (OBC) units.
- Must possess strong communication, analytical, problem-solving, decision making, presentation, and project management type skills.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.mta.info/mta/employment and view job number 92665. If interested please apply, no later than the deadline June 30, 2018.
The Long Island Rail Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Hollis, NY (US)