Production Associate - $17.51 - $18.51/hr
1st & 2nd Shift
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Production Worker is responsible to set up and operate equipment that mixes or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of food.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Sort, weigh, and inspect products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Press switches and turn knobs to start, adjust, and regulate equipment such as mixers, extruders, discharge pumps, freeze tunnels, screens, metal detectors and scales.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions to supervisors.
- Attach labels to finished packaged items.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as scale not working properly. Fill containers to standard set on label.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork.
- Take part in our annual inventory of material, equipment and supplies as assigned.
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures.
- Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Production Worker is responsible to set up and operate equipment that mixes or blends ingredients used in the manufacturing of food.
- Other Duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
Requires education generally equivalent to a high school diploma and one to three years of related experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Requires the ability to operate various tools and equipment to include a computer, hoist, hand truck and various small hand tools. Requires the ability to pass forklift operator course and drive a forklift.
Requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks. Requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. Requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Apply online or at our office:
Express can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Cece Hetzel is eager to serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
17550 W Bluemound Rd Suite 202
Brookfield, WI 53045
Location/Region: New Berlin, WI (53151)